Things keep on changing so frequently in my life, it surprises me. Every 6 months it seems as if the set of people I spend my time with keeps on changing. Every day I live with these people - my roomates, collegues, friends, I talk to them, update about my daily activities, spend most time with on weekends, watch movies and generally spend the days of my life with. And then suddenly one day they walk out of my life - due to multiple reasons like transfer, like vacation, like simply having different planned activities etc. etc. . And then from next day I'm expected to just delete this entity from my life. Its a bit frustrating sometimes. I feel tired of coping with this change.... But I guess I'm much more used to it now than I was 4 years ago. It does not affect me anymore if one of my roomates is going back, if a family that became for me a lot like my family here, is going to go in 15 days.
When I move, I've moved out of lives of people similarly. I remember them, I think about them, but there are very few times when I really get back to any one of them. I remember my roomates in Gurgaon, T and S. Me and T have been through some really tough times together. Finding a place to live, managing household for ourselves, adjusting with new people in PGs. At that time, we used to talk so much, share our thoughts, share cribs about office, share food, shopping, shared good times and bad times. We literally cried when parting. .. And now we are rarely in contact. I confess I have a big role to play in that loss of communication. Its been exactly same with a lot of other of my friends.
And the same is happening with me again here now. The people who are part of my life here - there are very few chances I will see them ever again in my life. I might interact with them maybe once or twice once we part. But as time goes on, they will become busy with their own life and I'll be busy in myself. The distance generally taking its toll on the communication... Maybe this is another aspect of growing up, that is generally expected out of you - learn to forget people.
I have devised my own theory to handle it. I guess its just about being happy with whomever, whereever you are. But dont expect it to last. Enjoy the moment and keep the good memories. But dont be sad if you lose the person. That was surely destined to happen sooner or later... These good memories are all that I have collected over the past few years.
I guess this is what makes a person 'experienced'.
When i was on exchange and was about to come back and was saying good byes to all, it really amused me to think that I might never even see most of them ever again in my life.
ReplyDeleteSome of them were really good friends and we had such good times together, but then its been two years since then.