My last post was another of my emotional outburst. This time a mushy one.
Well I AM used to giving in to emotional outbursts and I am NOT embarrased about it. Every one of us has an emotional side and a practical side and sometimes one is stronger than the other. As a human its normal to have feelings, its normal to make mistakes, and its normal to be biased. The difference between the Sane and the Insane, I guess is that - the Sane has feelings but knows how to keep them aside when taking decisions. The Sane does not sit crying over past mistakes but learns from them and remembers not to make them again. The Sane knows she's biased and hence respects difference of opinion and does not hate or love someone based on hows much their biases match with hers.
What brought me to this topic of Sane and Insane was the book I read recently - 1984. Its a horrid book. I almost had a headache if I read for too long. I skimmed the last 50 pages in less than 20 mins just to finish it off. But some of the concepts mentioned there are so similar to what we see in world today.
It talks of the concept of "doublethink" which means you know that reality is different, and yet you believe the opposite is true because there is no proof to prove the reality. Now if we see, Indian society is full of "doublethink". We are proud of our culture - though we can easily see today the society has degenerated so much. A stupid extremist statement can cause so many youth to take to violence, and yet we still dare to boast of peace to the world.
Well I dont want to get into my usual outburst of cribbing again. And so to maintain my sanity I will take up a new book to read very fast. This time it will be P.S. I love you. (I somehow always end up on emotions :D)
No comments:
Post a Comment