Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Its cold here!

The cold here is getting even rougher.. It has snowed over the weekend and we were lucky today to see some sun. The temperature in day in usually less than 10°C and minimum goes to how low in Negative we dont know.

Saturday it was snowing all day in Vienna when I was there. We were covered all top to bottom in wollens. Its amazing to see how life has survived and thrived and civilizations have grown in such inhuman conditions. But it was an experience walking on streets in night in -3°C. And its not just us, a lot of people were going about their business as normal. Its only november now. Its said that it will go low upto at least -10°C here. Lets see. Its all a new experience for me. Its good. And I thought I'd seen it all with 0°C in Delhi.

Through the train we could see snow all around. Everything seems to be covered in a white sheet. Total WHITE. But after some time it gets boring. I think if I have to live with that kind of snow for 4 months a year I'll be really bored. I dont know, its kind of a gloomy feeling to see everything so silent around. And when its snowing, thw snow kind of dampens all sound. Hopefuly Christmas will cheer up the atmosphere and it will be all merry again!!

1 comment: