Today, I went to Basel station after work to get a half-fare card. This is a one year card for 150 swiss franks with which I will get 50% discount on any kind of travel (train, tram, bus, cable car) for the whole year round. Quite a money saver I would say.
Also while I was going to station in tram, I saw a small girl of about 8 yrs with a big basket running to catch the tram and getting in hurriedly as soon as the doors opened. She got in, moved ahead and dissapeared in the crowd. But the way she got in the tram in hurry reminded me of something. And I remembered back home in India, how small kids who sell water bottles, small snacks n tea n samosas rush into the train when it stops on the station. The reason for their hurry and their fast movement across the train is so different from the girl's I saw today...
Involuntarily my eyes were wet when the tram started moving again..
No comments! :-|
ReplyDelete