Sunday, May 3, 2009

On another thought..

There is a lot of difference between giving opinions and taking decisions. Its so easy to comment on someone's actions, but taking a decision when you yourself get in to a situation is the toughest time for anyone.

Rightly said - 'Everybody votes for Indira Gandhi... but no one wants their daughter to enter politics.' India is a country where you see hipocrisy at its best!
People worship Gandhi - but lie all the time.
There are fundamental rights everybody wants, but fundamental duties are equally forgotten.
There is casteism, sexism, racism, regionalism, communialism but everybody shares the standard principles of 'bribes for quick work', 'jugaad', 'finding loopholes in law', 'dirtying the public places', 'writing names on historical monuments', and above all happily cribbing about the general state of the country.

Everybody likes to blame! There's no rain, blame it on God. There's no straight queue, blame it on the bad locality. You married the wrong guy, blame it on parents- they forced the marriage. The roads are bad, blame the government. There's too much dirt in streets, blame it on passing people. (While throwing candy wrapper on road yourself). Some intelligent beings blame it on the municipality for not keeping enough dustbins around. None of them actually goes and asks the municipality to keep a new one there... And the most famous lines of all 'We have no objections, but our society will not accept it. Hence we cannot support it'. This the the most blatantly used, abused, exploited excuse in India. The best way to get away from making a decisions yourself. I guess, instead of the the AOL-will-donate-5¢-per-email chain mails, there should be 1 paise collection for everytime this statement is made, and within a year RBI can buy a swiss bank.

I dont know why I am so vocal about my views today. But somehow I find myself in a situation where I have to take decisions. How I act and react is going to go a long way in shaping my future, shaping some other futures, how people look at me as a person but above all decide how my own conscience sees me.
Lets see how I fare. It will be an exciting experience I'm sure.

3 comments:

  1. Listen to your heart, and it will help sail you through

    ReplyDelete
  2. yaar I know, it is specially tough when people close to you express their view and then end by saying that it has be to your decision! And the toughest is when your heart and mind do not clearly define what they want :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you wholeheartedly !!

    ReplyDelete