Its raining outside just now. and I'm listening to the rain outside my window, just as I used to when I was a kid.
Monsoon days are special memories for each of us. I remember when I was a kid by this time the electricity would have gone off. And power cut meant no studies! yippieee! And then me and my brother would go out in the corridor of our apartment and make all sorts of shouting noises with other kids from the building.
As I grew up I started to be more and more out on the street during rain. I remember it would always rain when I was going to my tutions (and never when I was returning back.. grrrrrr.. ) But when it did, I used to enjoy driving my Bajaj Sunny feeling the rain on my face. But driving in rain, meant taking only the known roads- why?? .... POTHOLES! yes... each one of us, has strained his/her memory during such drive to remember possible potholes on daily routes.
During college days, I remember we once declared mass bunk because the whole class wanted to go out and eat bhutta in the rain. It was fun!
And then I remember seeing the trees sway in rain from terrace of my house. My mom used to send me up to pick up the drying clothes quickly. But I used to stand their and enjoy getting wet in the rain. Then I would get a nice scolding :( But who cared!
But the most that I missed rains was in Gurgaon. Because there are only two seasons in Gurgaon - extreme summer and extreme winter. Coming of rain was more like a festive celebration! I think we just fell short of distributing sweets on those days. (Of couse we all called our homes to tell them that we had rain today)
Such has been the Monsoon in my life...
I dont know where I will be next monsoon. I just hope I get to stand again in a balcony feeling rain drops on my face, smelling the soft fragrance of wet soil with a bhajiya pakora in one hand and a hot cup of ginger tea in the other! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment